This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cold AC's in the sugarhouse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cold AC's in the sugarhouse
    Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 1:53pm
Folks,
Just happened to take a picture standing inside the sugarhouse this morning. AC Forum came to mind!:)

Hope things are good in orange land.
May take a ride to look at a forgotten B.
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Sponsored Links

Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 5:22pm
Chris that's way to cold in your shop for me to work in and I'm thinking that's got to be "tractor abuse" making them good looking old WD's stay inside a cold place, so turn the heat up a little for them old tractors. lol
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 7:50pm
Warmer than here Chris! Its gonna be below 0 tonight. Those maples just turned into maplesickels! Ice syrup!

We were going to tap trees on Feb. 20th but the forecast changed (who would have thought?? Lol) so now we are thinking late Feb./ early March.
Galatians 5:22-24

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 8:13pm
Chris that is a cool photo could use one of them for myself.
You are alot warmer then here right now we just got our coldest spell of the winter we won't see 20 till Monday I think at this point.
Good luck with the taps.
Hubnut View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 8:26pm
Chris,
My blood is too thin for that temp!  Go get that B man!!
Glad to see you got the WD going.  She needs a proper restoration--perhaps after the little B;-).
Steve
1940 B "Lucy"
1941 B w/ Woods L59 "Flavia"
1942 B w/ finish mower "Dick"
1941 C w/ 3-point "Maggie"
1947 C SFW w/ L306 "Trixie"
1972 314H
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 11:34pm
At least it's 20 above!  Supposed to be near 70 here next week.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 10:05am
John , Folks
We are looking forward to 70's but not for a few months please. That would ruin our Maple season. Currently we are getting that same cold blast and the temps are near zero.
Drained the evaporator last night and now have 16 bucket sickles!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Bob-Maine View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob-Maine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 3:13pm
Gonna be -10 here tonight. Last year tomorrow Bangor, ME set a new record low for the day of -23. We may begin to tap next week as it will warm up eventually (we hope). Didn't run much until April last year, Bob@allisdowneast
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
Steve A View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 7:39pm
Dad used to like it when the sap froze in the bucket at night. He'd dump the ice and comment that it was concentrating the good stuff. Too cold to do any tapping yet up here. 10 below last night and zero now.

Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 8:45pm
This is the cold wall in my showroom .

He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 9:02pm
Well I think that is about 50 degrees warmer then my high today. Thanks for making it feel all the colder....
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 6:01am
42 degrees or less and its time for the heat hauser - love that classic thermometer picture! Thanks for sharing.
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Fred in Pa Fred in Pa wrote:

This is the cold wall in my showroom .

You will need to turn the heat up for me to work in that cold shop. lmao
I keep my shop at 67* 8AM to 5PM and down to 56* when I'm not in the shop, I'm not into cold as much as I used to be. lol
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 2:22pm
I like the heat houser thermometer!
Don(MO) that temp sounds nice and cozy! I just need a shop to go around it!
Reqards,
 Chris
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 3:21pm
I hear you Don. I put a mini split in the shop and it stays 65 until it gets down in the singles. Then I light the pellet stove...
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 6:55pm
Forecast changed and our minds did too. We started tapping tonight. Finish most of the trees tomorrow.
Galatians 5:22-24

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic