This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cotton stripper pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cotton stripper pics
    Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 4:18pm
I know this is probably a bad idea as a lot of y'all live in the midwest and up north and have probably never seen a cotton stripper before lol, but let's see pics if anyone has one! I'll try to get a couple of our twins. (The 880's)
Sponsored Links

SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 6:00pm
soooooo....whar's the pics?
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 6:15pm

TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 7:08pm
One of those on Dallas CL and been there on and off for 3 years? Price is now 3K or maybe lower, last I seen the ad and reportedly in working condition with low hours.
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 7:54pm
Yep they sure don't bring much! The sad thing is some parts are getting harder to find, unless you have a parts machine, or a good dealer. But, fortunately, most parts (just like on the Gleaner combines) are rather "generic", so they're readily accessible. 

Edited by CrestonM - 26 Feb 2017 at 1:28pm
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 8:31pm
Here are the 2 pics I have

You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 9:31pm
Creston...take some of that stuff off that thing, it would make a hellova swamp buggy! oh...and yer floor and machine are to clean!
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 9:33pm
one sold on an auction up here (dunno why) and brought $200. bet it cost more than that to transport it up here from where ever! I should have bought it for something!
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by SHAMELESS SHAMELESS wrote:

oh...and yer floor and machine are to clean!
Haha yeah! I know a guy who is quite the contrary! He has so much crap on his floor that it's either:
1. Drive over it.
2. Use a grain scoop to shovel wrenches, hammers, etc. out of the way! (I've seen him do it!!!)
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 9:52pm
when was you at my place? lol oh and did ya see the dirt too?
Gary in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 5:07am
My farmer friend has one he uses every year and a spate for parts. The 880 has a good 433I engine in them.
Johnwilson_osf View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnwilson_osf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 5:15am
Creston and Pat,
Explain the two heads?  The 880 has more of a platform, and the 616 has what I typically think of that goes down the rows.  How do they each work? 
Allis Express: Eastern PA on Rt 80
8050, 8010, 6080, 190, D14, DA 6035, AA 6690, 5650, Gleaner F2
aras View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 7:10am
Originally posted by Gary in Texas Gary in Texas wrote:

My farmer friend has one he uses every year and a spate for parts. The 880 has a good 433I engine in them.

I have never seen one in action!  Us Midwesterners would love a video Smile
RMD View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 9:34am
I was expecting something different for "stripper pictures"!
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 10:05am
RMD....have I gots a deal for you!
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Johnwilson_osf Johnwilson_osf wrote:

Creston and Pat,
Explain the two heads?  The 880 has more of a platform, and the 616 has what I typically think of that goes down the rows.  How do they each work? 

The 860/880 as first pictured, is a cotton stripper,  which is usually based on the same chassis a combine and harvests all the cotton after the plant has dried completely out, (much like combining beans) by using big wire brushes to collect the cotton. The 616's pictured are cotton pickers. They were based on a (reversed for 2 row) tractor chassis and had rotating spindles to gently pick the cotton out of the bolls. I've been away from cotton farming for 35 years, so the modern machines are likely different. 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
James Coons View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Coons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 1:14am
Here's a few more pics of an 880 stripper and a 760 XTB a two row stripper.  

SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 1:29am
bet it sucked unplugging one of those things!
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 1:29am
ever have one fall over onto the truck or wagon when unloading?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Coons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 11:14am
No they're pretty stable as long as your on flat ground when dumping.  But it sure does look like it might fall over!

Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 11:22am
Careful RMD, you might get something you'd didn't bargain for....
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 12:16pm
Dang James! How much cotton you suppose ole yeller can hold? lol! The cotton strippers are surely a rarity in your part of the county, you keep importing them lol! Thanks for sharing the pics! Is that a new acquisition? I only remember seeing the 2 880's. 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by SHAMELESS SHAMELESS wrote:

bet it sucked unplugging one of those things!

Yep!! That's part of the reason my uncles haven't grown any the past 5 years! Lol
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Coons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 10:56pm
I don't think yeller could handle much, it would prob about bury the truck in cotton!  The 760 got here a few months after you visited.  
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 11:25pm
There was a guy around Greeley, CO that bought a couple cotton pickers and converted them into onion bag pickers.  The onions are harvested, put into burlap bags and left to cure for a week or so then picked up and dumped into a live floor truck and taken to the storage facility.  Never could figure out why they just don't leave them in the bags.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 12:24am
that would be sooooo cool to be at a stop light next to a police car, with something nasty in that basket!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Coons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 1:28am
Its amazing what you see them converted into. There is a local JD two row picker that was converted to harvest chili peppers. It was the strangest thing to see it going up and down rows of chili.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 8:40am
I love how they took the F2 platform and rearranged components to make the cotton picker.Notice the A/C condenser hanging on back of cab.
CNash View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CNash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 12:40am

You ever laid eyes on one this sharp Creston??
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 1:22pm
I've seen that one, but I can't remember where....Lol
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic