This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Firestone Verses Good Year

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Firestone Verses Good Year
    Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 11:34am
Firestone Field & Road. Good Year Dyna Torque II. Same size, 13-6x24. On 11 inch rim, liquid Ballast Loaded. Equal 5 psi tire pressure on a #4000 puller.
Which one pulls better?   I have a choice either way
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 12:38pm
Firestones.....Armstrongs......BF Goodrich.......all other brands.....Goodyear last choice.
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 1:08pm
ive got a good year on one side of the wd and a bg goodrich on the other lol, the good year does mounds better than the goodrich but that doesnt mean either one is good in the grand scheme of things i guess
hi my names dan, I am a young guy. i have a problem, i prefer my tractors orange and my clutches mechanical, thanks for letting me share
patrickmull View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickmull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 5:49pm
i pull a set of cut goodyear dyna torque and do pretty good
acd21man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acd21man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 5:53pm
they are only good for a year lol jk i like firestone radials . radials always hook up better but its more money
2 wd 45,2 D-17 diesel/gas 3 pt, 220,d21, 4020,2 4430s used daily http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCudh8Xz9_rZHhUC3YNozupw
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 7:01pm
The cleat pattern on the Firestone is quite a bit different than the COODYEAR tread. These like new Goodyears I have were kabota front takeoffs when the owner wanted turf tires instead. Got them with tubes for $200 the pair.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 7:38pm
In my pulling years, it was Armstrong's, in the 5 mph class, they always done great on the 200
DSpears N IL View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSpears N IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 7:53pm
I run the Stones!
You are running the rims that had these tires on them when I got them!

DeWayne

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 2:07pm
What are you weighted up to Dwayne?
    I was going to use your yellow jap rims with the my Goodyears on a C that I was building but that project got stalled until I move more used parts to pay for it.
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSpears N IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 3:35pm
Hi Ken!
I was weighted up for 3500 lbs in the 1st photo and 3700 lbs in the 2nd.
We also pull a 3200 lbs class.
DeWayne
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 10:46am
our classes are set up 3000, 3500, 4000 and so on. With the 13-6 24s my CA don't get hooked up traction wise until the #4000 class. That is with all added weight to the rear.
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSpears N IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 6:57pm
Ken
I got a 1st in 3200 class, a 3rd in 3500 class, and 3rd in the 3700 class on fresh black dirt today

DeWayne

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 9:27pm
I have a pull coming up next weekend. hope to pull my CA 3 times if they let me pull farm stock like they do sometimes. Next big pull after is the LA State Fair two day Antique Tractor Pull in Shreveport
dgerth View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgerth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 7:08am
Ya'll work the snot outta those little guys! We only run 2.5K and 3k with ours. Can't run with the WD's and Olivers in the 3.5k class even at 3mph.
dan
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 7:47am
I had great luck with old Co-op tires. Forget the name they gave them. Lots of space between the bars. At least as good as firestone field & road. Used them on my D17 the first year I pulled it but by the end of the year the dry rot had taken it's toll so I made the mistake of putting new Armstrong long bar/short bar tires on. Worst tires I ever pulled with but this tractor I also used to farm 80 acres with and no extra money to buy another set of tires. I learned to choose my tracks and stay on very sticky wet clay or wet black dirt. Did well as long as I was choosey. Made lots of Deere folks angry with my rusty, trusty D17.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic