This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moscow Mills Mo. Auctiuon results

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACmowerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Leon B MO Leon B MO wrote:

I don't know about the D-19, it was bought via internet bid, but I was told tonight that the D-21 didn't meet reserve. Last bid was $30,750. Things just get curiouser and curiouser.
Leon B

That might just be a rumor. At one point I was talking with the fellow who bought it and he said he bought it for another buyer and he was also wanting to buy some of the combines for the same purchaser. He is from IL, but I don't know where is "buyer" is from. If they weren't going to let the 21 go, evidently they hadn't yet told him.
10 various B-series garden tractors, AC Homesteader8, 416 hydro,710 gt, 914, 916H, 917H, 920D, and many misc attachments
Sponsored Links

Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by allismanamp allismanamp wrote:

What that roll over plow bring you took a pic of

900.00 for the roll over plow
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Lonn Lonn wrote:

The 72 was a bit high in my book. If that's worth 6,000 then my brother's is worth 30,000. It was advertised as "never been wet". I'll have to take some pics of his "never been wet" 72 next week.

That may have not been the 6000.00 72 , there was another one there that I do not have a pic to.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Orange4ever Orange4ever wrote:

Noticed there was a 90 there also, wasn't listed, how much it bring?

Did not see a 90 there

Edited by Pat the Plumber CIL - 06 Jul 2015 at 9:45pm

Orange4ever View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 9:36pm
You took a pic of it, it is to the right of the roto baler
If you want a man to be a successful farmer, give him a Allis Chalmers tractor. If you want him to be a successful mechanic, give him a John Deere
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 9:45pm
You are correct Orange fever . I stand corrected that is a 90 .Not sure what it brought , Auntwayne took the photos , I just posted them . Guess I need to look a little closer . There is a previous post named Kreig sale with photos and prices of most stuff

AndrewGubbels View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewGubbels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 9:46pm
When guys are talking of prices being so ridiculous you have to look at all sides of it I think. If you restore a tractor correctly unless you have one excellent very perfect original tractor it takes tons of hours and dollars if you do it up to potential. And as far as finding an excellent original they are getting really costly as well! Just high quality paint jobs costs anywhere from $1000 to $2000 to just buy the paint alone depending on the size of machine. Then Tires!! haha and of coarse decals. Some would rather purchase a nice quality finished product! Thanks for the photos of the auction everything looks great! Hats off to the guys that restored the tractors they look great!

Andy

Andrew Gubbels
Gubbels Restoration
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 9:50pm
100.00 for the 90

Orange4ever View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 9:53pm
The 72 brought 6k but the 90 only $100? I guess no one wanted to haul it, or something was way wrong with it!
If you want a man to be a successful farmer, give him a Allis Chalmers tractor. If you want him to be a successful mechanic, give him a John Deere
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 10:20pm
I think the 90 sat out in the rain a time or two

Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by Calvin Schmidt Calvin Schmidt wrote:

I'm with Butch on the D-17D.  It is a late series 1 Black Bar grill with the power steering and dry air cleaner update kit that was available from the factory. I have one the same  that came to me with the update kit. Looks like the auction prices were very strong.
Do you have any pics of your D17D with the dry air cleaner update? The one in the sale pic looks like it has factory parts on it. I recently bought the conversion kit for my D17D. It has you drill a hole in the left hood panel for the air inlet. You also have to drill 4 holes through the center hood strip for the air cleaner mounting bracket.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 6:32am
I hope I didnt come across as slamming the guy or his tractor, to each his own is my motto. If it is a series 3 it must have been a rough one and a lot of parts and pieces were replaced with more commonly available ones. I am NOT a D-17 expert but a short list of the obvious is, no holes for fender lights or grab handles, grill, round muffler and matching hole in hood, no hydraulic filter, black styled steering wheel that shows no sign of ever being cream.

Edited by Butch(OH) - 07 Jul 2015 at 6:34am
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 7:08am
Don't worry about it Butch. It is definitely an early version. No hydraulic filter, round muffler, headlights on the grille shell, early style power director lever, looks like it has a black bar grille. Right or wrong, if I had the money and were at the sale, I would have bid on that one.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 8:01am
Originally posted by AndrewGubbels AndrewGubbels wrote:

When guys are talking of prices being so ridiculous you have to look at all sides of it I think. If you restore a tractor correctly unless you have one excellent very perfect original tractor it takes tons of hours and dollars if you do it up to potential. And as far as finding an excellent original they are getting really costly as well! Just high quality paint jobs costs anywhere from $1000 to $2000 to just buy the paint alone depending on the size of machine. Then Tires!! haha and of coarse decals. Some would rather purchase a nice quality finished product! Thanks for the photos of the auction everything looks great! Hats off to the guys that restored the tractors they look great!

Andy

Andy, you are so right! I have stopped using the term "restore" I find that it's used way to much like when all a tractor got was repainted and no to just a little repair work done before the paint job was done; so I now use the term "refitted" not "restored"
Guys think back to the last repair you did, take something simple like a carb rebuild think about the time you spent starting with finding the trouble tell it was back running and ready to go back to work, was the total time around 1 hour or maybe 2 hours from the time the tractor came in the shop in tell she was good to go, then look at that time X $75. per hour = that's $75. to over $150 just in labor then add in the parts. Guys what I'm trying to say is, it's not hard to put in over 100 hours in a larger size tractor like a D21.
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 11:56am
I'd never take on a restore job,, Geesh it'd take forever and where do you stop!
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by DougG DougG wrote:

I'd never take on a restore job,, Geesh it'd take forever and where do you stop!

Well Doug that the hardest part of refitting a tractor, I like to start at the front end and stop at the back of the drawbar. lol
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 5:15pm
Good point! Guess my post should be where do you stop,,, but if their paying do it to it!

Edited by DougG - 07 Jul 2015 at 5:20pm
Tim NH View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim NH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 6:43pm
Eddie, that D19 you restored looks nice, good job. Tim
1950 WD 1959 D14 1955 WD45 1976 7000 B 207
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic