This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WF-Another piece of the puzzle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WF-Another piece of the puzzle
    Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 7:43pm
It was such a beautiful day today, I just had to take some time off to play! Ole' WF 7498 is going back together little by little. Got the Gennie installed along with the belt, fuel tank put on, and new fuel line made. Jo Jo snuck up on me with the camera and caught me in the act. She thought I was working on the flower beds. Well, she thought wrong.. LOL!
Here's a few pics..
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Sponsored Links

K.Novak View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K.Novak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 7:50pm
Steve, you are putting together a beautiful tractor there! Can't wait to see it when it's done!! This is getting the blood pumping to get my '50 WF done!!
1934 WC SN# 2123,Factory WFE
1935 25-40 SN# 25557, TS
1938 WF SN# 506, Full Steel
1967 I400 SN# 1302

irlbeck A-C'S View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irlbeck A-C'S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 7:52pm
Looking great!! Can't wait to see it in action soon.
B,C,CA,(2)WC's,(4)WD's,(2) WD45'S, 45Diesel, (2)D12'S Series 2, D12 Hiclear,(2)D12 Series 3, HD3, D17NF (3)D17 Series 4 Diesels, M-100 Grader,8550,A few Lawn tractors lots of other AC stuff    
Chalmersbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chalmersbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 9:07pm
Looking GREAT, Steve. Keep up the good work.
Bob
4 B's, 1 C's,3 CA's, 2 G's WD, D14, D15, B-1, B10, B12, 712S,
Tony.Or View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony.Or Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 9:22pm
 Looks  great there  short  round.   I got  a few  projects  to send your  way. TC
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 9:48pm
nice!
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 6:14am
That tractor will be better than it was when it left the factory!!
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 6:24am
Sure is looking better then when if left here .
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
Hubnut View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 6:31am
Steve, You do great work there!  Nice tractor!  Thanks for sharing.
LionelinKY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LionelinKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 6:48am
Steve,
You wasn't lying but you do seem to be focusing a whole lot on that 1 orange flower though. LOL. 
"My name is Lionel and I'm an Allisoholic"
alan-nj View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan-nj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 7:40am
kinda surprised you had to kneel to work on the generator........
If ignorance is bliss, than happy days are here again.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 9:01am
Steve,
 Great shots of you and the WF. You always have good pictures for us to view. Yes it is nice to get out and work on some projects after the winter we had.
Hey I like the looks of the WF in its work clothes, can you put it back that way?:)
They just look very Stocky and Sturdy. Do these weigh a lot more than the WD's?
The WF is looking real good. And maybe this will get me going on the WD in the shop.
(have been helping the Daughter build a Dock/Deck the last few days.
 Did go to a auction and a Allis C or CA went for $600. No I did not bring it home! I have enough projects.
Regards,
 Chris 
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 9:01am
As your usual high quality work, one GREAT LOOKING WF.  One tractor we never sold but one that I am taking a likin to.  Especially the unstyled (flat top) models.
Great Job!  Look forward to seeing the end result.
Regards to all.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 10:50am
Hey Steve are you going to stop playing around and get that WF done this year? lmao
I might get Fred to come with me and between the two of us can put her back togather for you in less than one hour.  lmao 
Now for the true fact, Steve you have one nice looking WF!
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 11:53am
Good thing you got it home Steve. This is what it looked like when it left here in Canada.
Fred didn't improve it any in the year that it rested at his place.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 12:06pm
Looking great. Don't think I have ever seen a WF down this way.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 1:07pm
No I did not ,but Steve was WORRYED about the boys across the POND>
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
ksbowhunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksbowhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 2:19pm
Looking great Steve, These restorations do take time to do them correctly.

2-37 WC
37 wf127
37 wf130
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Sugarmaker Sugarmaker wrote:

...They just look very Stocky and Sturdy. Do these weigh a lot more than the WD's?...

Actually the WF is quite a bit lighter than a WD. They have no hydraulics, no hand clutch and neither of mine has a PTO (I believe some did have a PTO, but I have never seen one). They are shorter and narrower than a WD. They share a lot of parts with a WF, but there are a few that are unique to the WF and they can be hard to find.
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 5:04pm
that's prettier than pretty! nice job!
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 10:43pm
Thanks everyone! Its been so long, I forgot what it looked like when I picked it up at the Fredsters! Cal, your right! It looks less rusty at your place!  Its been one of my looonger projects as you can see from the before pics, but its finally starting to come around. When ya work on everybody else's stuff, your own projects sit. The table in the cellar is getting lighter and lighter as I go along though. Jo Jo's bustin' out her driving gloves soon! She said to me Saturday right after she took my picture "Come on Honey get this dude together, I wanna take it for a spin down the street"! "How fast will this one go?" Sheesh!  Here we go again....!   LOL!
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
LionelinKY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LionelinKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 5:33am
We had an unstyled 1937 which had a pto on it. It was awfully close to the drawbar but still worked good for running pto forage wagons.
"My name is Lionel and I'm an Allisoholic"
tractorman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 8:29am
and that isn't  a flower ?    i thought it was an orange poppy !
Play on 38 B 49 WF , working on D14, D15 B10, Bee 12 B110. use 185 and 190
tractorchuckie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorchuckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 4:24pm
looks good Steve! a lot better than Terri and I truck it down to Freds
still looking for the holy grail of Allis
EricPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by alan-nj alan-nj wrote:

kinda surprised you had to kneel to work on the generator........

He's just showin off!
Life is tough,but it's tougher when you're stupid. - John Wayne
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic