This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD21B put in service

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 2:43pm
would love to come over to see these great restorations first hand, I have just got my turbo HD6E fired up this weekend, just got to sort the air cleaner
Sponsored Links

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 2:37pm
Don't scratch the fresh paint Smile
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 11:57pm
OK, finished the ripping project this morning. It was about 8 acres, 2 different areas of about 4 acres each.
 photo hd21_zpspn6romin.jpg
Had to move a pile of winery compost to rip under it. The owners own there own winery and return all of it back to the vineyards. It was steamin pretty good. Smelled like Zinfandel wine. (LOL) Don't have any action pictures cause know one ever came around while I was working.
 photo hd21b1_zpsn3becwxm.jpg
Steve allis dozer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve allis dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 3:41am
Hey Mel nice job How does she run , how much fuel per day?
Regards Steve
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 6:00am
Mel, thanks for sharing your impressive procedures, tools, and "know how" of dozers. How many psi do your handy hydraulic presses require? Doing some simple math, I figure the 60ton press requires an 8" dia cylinder(50.24sq in area x 2500psi = 125,600lbs). But your 60ton press looks smaller than 8" dia., so must be more psi...?
tcfello View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcfello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 9:29pm
I have this HD21B working in eastern WA . Less than 3500 hrs on the engine. Great machine ,good on fuel.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 1:44am
out there....scratching up Davids paint job! it does look nice tho!
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 7:45am
Wow, impressive Mel. Your tutorials and story boards are the best ever. Inspires me to go the distance restoring my HD16.

I also am going to paint mine yellow and planned on Cat yellow. Seeing yours and Ricks great paint jobs confirms my decision.

Thanks
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 7:48am
Originally posted by tcfello tcfello wrote:

I have this HD21B working in eastern WA . Less than 3500 hrs on the engine. Great machine ,good on fuel.

Nice tractor. Love that winch on the tail. Would love to find a Carco for my HD16 DC.
tcfello View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcfello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 10:04am
That winch is nice to have, have not needed it yet, it would take the D4 to pull the 1 1/4" wire off of the drum. Not looking forward to that day.
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 10:04am
Jerry.... I like the orange paint....You need to check your serial number and see if your tractor was orange or yellow the day it was born....then you will have the right restoration color.
 photo HD15 PAINTING 4 028_zps7austbvf.jpg
Tims' tractor was born yellow...Nice tractor!! do you have any other ACs?
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 11:13am
According to my serial number my tractor came in AC Yellow. Not a ag tractor. I was looking at a few different yellows but did not want a bright yellow. Really like the Cat Yellow. The Case Yellow was a little brighter but settled on the Cat color. There is a lot of it around as well.

You and your crew do great work. Having the tools would be great but I need the experience on the tractor and how to use the tools more right now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic