This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

feedbeater fingers springs for clutch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwbigbaddodge540hp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: feedbeater fingers springs for clutch
    Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 8:27pm
where does a man have to go to get this spring or is there a better thing out there to use than these or do you even need the for a pretty well stock tractor with the pump turned all the way up and no leaf spring in it, the clutch thats in it is slipping in 8 grear pd is good checked pressure on it set at 300 psi at 1200 rpms , i have a 4 pad  clutch to go in it with the same pressure plate stock what will that hold as far as hp, will it hold making 5 and 6 gear pulls? like for some wisdom in this area
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 7:45am
You'll need a total of six- 71178758 springs from an AGCO dealer who sells Gleaner combines. They need to have 1 to 1 1/2 coils removed from one end with a grinder. Install each spring along side of each pressure plate release finger by dropping them inside of the existing springs. Flywheel should be resurfaced and depth be at 1.437" or a little less. I usually shoot for 1.400" when using reman clutch parts. Four pad clutch disc is standard equipment. There are large 4-pad discs and small 4-pad discs and there are 6-pad discs. For HP holding you want the smaller 4-pads as a rule. If you're testing your clutch with the brakes locked and full throttle road gear, you're being kind of mean to the clutch. With these 6 extra springs, don't start the engine while depressing the clutch and don't hold the clutch down any longer than needed. I'd have Power Director clutch set at 350 psi at full throttle and be SURE the linkage is going 100% full stroke on the valve spool.
jwbigbaddodge540hp View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwbigbaddodge540hp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 8:53pm
Thank you Dr allis for the help I had seen you talk about it in other post but couldnt find an info on it, will i have to take the pressure plate apart to put them in? if so  not a big deal i have my own shop with press lathes and mills not much i cant do, the clutch i have is the smaller 4 pad you can get, the clutch thats in it will just slip in 8th gear taking off, i havent been try to kill it like some people do, my pd is set at 300 psi heres my question how much it to much and what happen if you get to high? thanks agian James
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 9:13pm
Pressure plate has to be put in a press and disassembled to change or add springs. Too much pressure in a Power Director clutch will explode it hydraulically. At what pressure is this??? I don't know for sure, but I'd guess anything over 400 psi is asking for trouble.
jwbigbaddodge540hp View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwbigbaddodge540hp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 8:09am
Thank you Dr allis for the help got springs order from Schmidt and sons I would highly recommend them to any one, Dr allis what would happen if you stared it with the clutch pushed in on accident ? can a automotive machine shop that can do fly wheels do the flywheel with it being dished? any one know never had to have a tractor fly wheel groung be for. thanks for the help James
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 9:06am
Avoid starting engine with clutch pushed in. If you don't want to follow instructions, fine. Then, if your engine thrust bearing is worn out a couple years down the road, you'll know why I said don't do that. Any GOOD machine shop should be able to regrind your flywheel without a hassle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic