This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Addiction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Cvtx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Addiction
    Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 8:44pm
Bought this little jewel from Illinois. I need to pick it up and get her home!!
Insanity is relative. All of my relatives are crazy!
Sponsored Links

Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 10:02pm
Now there's attitude right there! My kinda Tractor. Looks like its sportin' a set of 26x12x12's out back. Nice snow blower. Looks like she's ready to work. Good luck with her. Looks great!!  Love them 700 series to!
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Dgrader View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dgrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 10:57pm
I bought a 712s this winter too. Mine didn't come with a snowblower and don't really want one. Where in IL. did ya get it?
Ya cain't fix stupid.
A-Cvtx View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Cvtx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 9:16am
Cooksville, Dgrader. Thanks Steve in NJ! I really don't need snow blower here in NC. Gonna see if it works well, maybe sell it next winter. Yes! 26X12X12's!! Also, stock wheels and tires.
A-Cvtx View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Cvtx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 9:20am
Unless I can use the blower for leaves!! LOL!!
Ethan Souerdike View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ethan Souerdike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 10:48am
nice find  Handshake
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 11:37am
Originally posted by A-Cvtx A-Cvtx wrote:

Unless I can use the blower for leaves!! LOL!!

Cut the auger off and add a set of flails on the shaft. Then enclose all but maybe a 3 inch gap at the bottom front of it and I'd bet it will chop and blow leaves, Wink You could even add a longer chute to blow them in a trailer wagon. Big smile
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Dgrader View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dgrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 9:00pm
Tuck, I've got 3 big gum ball trees in my yard. Ya reckon your adaptation would work for gum balls?
Ya cain't fix stupid.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 12:47pm
I don't know for gumballs. Maybe you need a dispenser.

http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
A-Cvtx View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Cvtx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 5:05pm
HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!
Dgrader View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dgrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 6:02pm
Maybe I do need a dispenser.
Ya cain't fix stupid.
macvette View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macvette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 8:45pm
Charlie Tucker : You have too much time on yur hands!  Better make one o' them impellers for a blower so u can refine it 'for u patent it!
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 7:45am
I have a snow thrower like that for my 917. It works great, never plugged it. I believe it would even move water.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
A-Cvtx View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Cvtx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Dusty MI Dusty MI wrote:

I have a snow thrower like that for my 917. It works great, never plugged it. I believe it would even move water.

Dusty
How is the belt supposed to run? I can't get it on without a twist or jumping off.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 6:50pm
On the tractor there are 2 pulleys, one of them, the one that puts spring tension, I think, there 2 holes on the strap iron that the pulley fastens to. You change the pulley to the other hole than the one used for the mower deck.
If that don't fix it I will have to check the belt routing. 

Dusty 
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
A-Cvtx View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Cvtx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 4:19am
I've watched a few Youtube videos and figured out the snowblower. From what I can see the tension pulley has been replaced with the wrong type of pulley. Now I gotta do some tests to see if the stator or the rectifier is the cause of my charging problems.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 9:13am
Does that have a clutch on front of motor. Some of the 700s had clutch for snow blower on front of engine
A-Cvtx View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Cvtx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Mikez Mikez wrote:

Does that have a clutch on front of motor. Some of the 700s had clutch for snow blower on front of engine

Yes Mikez, it does have an electric clutch.
A-Cvtx View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Cvtx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 6:05pm
Rectifier is good.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 11:10pm
The one I'm thinking of isn't electric it would have a rod going up to a lever up on side of frame and look like the lever that controls mower deck.
A-Cvtx View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Cvtx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 3:51am
Not too sure about the 700 series but I know the 300-400 series had both manual and electric pto. Depending on what you bought. I just converted my 312 to manual because the electric pto was discontinued, no one could give me a part number for one that "would work" as well. I found one in Texas that was re-man for $200. The parts to convert to manual was only $40 on eBay. No brainer.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 8:11am
Oh ok yeah the 300-400s had ether. If your 712 don't have the front clutch then the blower was prolly rain off the center mower clutch. Good luck
A-Cvtx View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Cvtx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 8:08pm
Mikez it does have the electric clutch on the front. The lever you see on the side controls the rear pto. I guess that's the one that runs tillers and stuff.

Edited by A-Cvtx - 31 Mar 2015 at 8:09pm
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 9:11pm
O wow never seen electric on 700s. Learn something new. That lever yes will do your rear stuff as well as mower deck.
The 900s they run the blower off that same clutch that the lever goes to
A-Cvtx View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Cvtx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2015 at 4:52pm
It may be an add on by a previous owner but it is electric.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic