This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

three spool control valve D-19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote T-bone_indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: three spool control valve D-19
    Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 7:05am
Hi All
The lever that rises lift arms won't hold position. The previous owner had the unit rebuild but he said it only lasted a few weeks after that. Should I replace the whole unit or can I repair just the one control lever?
Thanks 
D19-AC916-Kubota B2150- Wheel Horse charger 12
Sponsored Links

MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 7:58am
Are you saying the lift arms go down after you let go of lever or is lever going down?     MACK
T-bone_indy View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T-bone_indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 9:05am
the 2pt arms go down and won't hold the bush hog up. after raising it up.

Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T-bone_indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 1:06pm
would one these suit for a replacement ?
from northen tool

Edited by T-bone_indy - 10 Sep 2018 at 1:10pm
Travis(NE) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis(NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 4:26pm
Those valves would take a lot of plumbing to make work.

There is a check valve for the traction boost that gets gummed up and wont hold and that is usually what causes the lift arms to not hold on the D19's.  I have two of them that I need to look into as well.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T-bone_indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 9:39pm
thanks for reply.
Now i need to find it and how to take it apart is the question.
can you point me in the right direction?
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 6:58am
It is the two way check valve. Remove top section from bottom section. There will be a valve stuck out of bottom of top section. Unscrew valve, a second part may stay in, unscrew it. Replace copper ring. Tighten valve with big screw driver, drop ball back in. With a soft punch and hammer, pound on ball then retighten several times until it s tight. Replace all orings and reassembly.     MACK
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T-bone_indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 7:14am
Thanks Mack 
I will be  being the tractor home later today once my tire is repaired. I will take it apart over the next few days and report back to what I found. Is the O-ring and copper washer available at the local auto parts store ? Thanks again

Edited by T-bone_indy - 11 Sep 2018 at 7:24am
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis(NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 11:34pm
I order the parts from my local AGCO dealer, but I’m sure anyone with an O-ring assortment could match them. I had one apart last night and found the previous person in there cracked the check valve housing. Luckily I have a parts tractor and was able to change it out and now it will actually hold the lift arms with blade up. I’ll attempt to post some pictures. The parts with a dash next to them are what you will need.

Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis(NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 11:44pm
Haven’t figured out how to resize pictures yet... If I have time I will attempt to fix another one of mine that settles tomorrow and can take more pictures if you like...
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T-bone_indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 5:42am
Appreciate the info MACK!
I just got the tractor over to my farm yesterday. I drove it 7 mile from it's previous farm. I probably won't have time to tear into until this weekend. Thanks again. I'll try locate the spare parts from AGCO.
Kub47 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kub47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 12:21pm
Hey sorry to resurrect an old post but I’ve never really worked on hydraulics before and we have a D19 with the same problem. First Question how do you release pressure in the system. And Secondly is there any suggestions you’d give to someone doing this or working on hydraulics in general and staying safe.

Edited by Kub47 - 07 Jun 2023 at 12:30pm
Model 70 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model 70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2024 at 8:52pm
Hello, I found this old posting and I’m having trouble with my 3 point arms settling also,split the 3 spool valve and removed the check valve mine is a one piece valve and not a 2 piece valve the pictures in the post show both, just curious how you remedy the settling problem with the type of check valve I have. Thanks in advance
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic