This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

foot platform on 220's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: foot platform on 220's
    Posted: 18 Mar 2024 at 9:13pm
I've noticed on 220's that some have a diamond tread platform
and some have like what i would call raised squares,any paticular
reason they're different,just wondered.
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2024 at 6:24am
Only early model 220's had that style of platform in 1969 and maybe very early 1970 ?  I don't know how many they made like that. The parts books do not reflect two types. There were no 210's made like that, nor any D-21's or One-Ninety's. I would imagine it was more expensive than regular/common diamond plate. Someone within A-C made the decision to use and then not to use that material, but he or she ain't around anymore to tell us why.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2024 at 7:42am
I've always wondered why those very early 220's had the square pattern. The D21 and 190's already were using diamond tread, then 220 went to it also. It's like a different vendor was having them try this other product he was selling and it just didn't work out lol! 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Kevin210 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2024 at 8:35pm
Thanks DR and ED,I hate to say it but right off hand
I know this 220 I'm working on had a cab (I think) and has one
diamond and i wanna say the other ones are smooth,l just don't
remember and haven't been working on it much lately,spending most
my free time with Dad(95) now,so the tractor isn't on the front burner
right now but did get new brakes put on one side this past weekend.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 8:23am
did you get new discs? From agco? or tribco? Curious to hear about tribco kevlar lined. Floor plates sound to have been replaced or custom made if smooth. 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 8:59am
I think some certain brands of cabs had new left/right floor plates.

Edited by DrAllis - 20 Mar 2024 at 9:00am
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2024 at 8:42pm
I've seen a 220 with a 14xx serial number that had the early floor plates 
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
Kevin210 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 9:57pm
ED,
I went with the tribco brakes,I'm skeptical
about them and I'll try to explain why.
The actual width of the disc are basically the same.
Now the kevlar pads are thinner than the original,not sure
I like that but it is what it is,tribco brakes were almost
120.00 each compared to 200.00 from agco.
I know we get what we pay for,with that being said this tractor
isn't going to the field,speed limit pulls and maybe a parade or two.
If I was farming with it daily and recieved the tribco brakes I may
have scratched my head and flipped a coin on whether to try them
or get them from agco.
I will try to get some pics of them to explain it better asap.
Kevin210 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 12:41pm
Kevin210 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 12:43pm
Here's the brake disc pictures injpump ed.
ranger43 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranger43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 1:41pm
I put the Kevlar brakes on my 210  about 25 years ago.  They have been great.  The name of the place I got them from at that time was South Bend Clutch. They look identical to the picture you showed.   
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 2:32pm
I'm wanting them for my puller, so don't want them grabby. I emailed tribco, but never got a response. I'll call them when I get to that point. I may end up using the old ones due to being way over budget lmao! So looks like they don't reuse original metal part of the disc, those looked all new. 

Edited by injpumpEd - 24 Mar 2024 at 2:34pm
ranger43 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranger43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 2:59pm
So back at that time, I did have to send in my "core", but the ones I received back appeared new metal as you mentioned.  
Kevin210 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 8:39pm
They look new to me too.
I called when I got mine and the LADY was very nice
and knowledgeable and I got them pretty quickly
after ordering them,I'm working on a couple other things
before I get the other side on.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 7:38am
Are they thicker than oem? Who knows. The spacers are out of my 220 and about out of adjustment. Guess I need to call them.
Kevin210 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 8:49pm
It looks like the actual width of the disc are the same.
But the disc's are not made the same which you can see in the pictures
but the pads are not the same thickness,the tribco pads
are thinner..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic