This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis-Chalmers Flight Line Elevator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis-Chalmers Flight Line Elevator
    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 5:29pm
So, we were loading a semi of small square straw this morning. The neighbor spots us, and stops by after we're done. He mentions that he has an old conveyor sitting in the weeds that might make life easier for us. We go over and look at it, and $50 later, I towed it home, flat tires and all (He said he last used it in 2000). I checked everything out, greased it up, and noticed something on the side: An Allis-Chalmers emblem. I never knew Allis made elevators, and here I am with one now. Doing a little research, this is the narrower of their models. When the semi comes back in the morning, my back sure will love this thing

Edited by matador - 12 Nov 2019 at 5:30pm
Sponsored Links

matador View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 5:30pm
matador View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 5:32pm
Here she is, ready to load another 450 bales tomorrow. Would have been nice to have this thing this morning LOL
Stan R View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 6:04pm
Nice. Treat it well and it might last another 70 (??) years!!

I know what you mean, we loaded many many truck loads of hay 7 high from a wagon.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 6:07pm
Heck of a deal. I'd of bought it even though I don't need it.

Edited by chaskaduo - 12 Nov 2019 at 6:08pm
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 6:45pm
Screaming deal sir!
matador View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 6:58pm
It looks real simple for maintenance- just a couple bearings and the floor chain really. I doubt it'll make it to be 130 years old and still in service, but I wouldn't be surprised if she lasts quite a while!
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 8:18pm
Uncle had one. Yours is missing the fold over piece that you dumped corn on.That big long spring was attatched to it. We called it a "corn dump". His had a 9hp Briggs on left side that drove it. If you lube up the worm gear lift ,when you lower it the crank can get out of control....takes a length of 2x4 to get her whoa'd
matador View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 9:56pm
I know the piece you're talking about I think. If it looks like a long, flat thing that sits on the ground in front of the elevator, the neighbor has that to go with it too. I doubt I'll ever use it, but I plan to pick it up tomorrow or Thursday

For straw, I think it'll be darn near perfect. I removed the back shield so the bales won't get caught on it. Should work like a champ hopefully
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic